Good weather is coming and that means: Barbecue time! This summer I will post some fresh new ideas that are perfect for the barbecue weather.
Chicken is one of the most used meats on the barbecue. These Indian style chicken legs are dead easy and a tasteful variety to the normal barbecue meat. Add to that a refreshing and light potato salad based on the Indian kitchen and you’re barbecue will rock.
- 5 to 6 checken legs
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- +/- 3 slice of ginger
- 2 big tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 2 very big potatoes
- +/- 200gr of Greek yoghurt
- Some honey
- Spices: paprika powder, cumin, mustard seed, salt, Indian spices, chilli powder, freshly chopped coriander
- Mix the olive oil, some salt, 2 tsp of garam masala (Indian spices), the ginger and garlic finely chopped. Take the chicken legs and rub them in with the marinade. Also rub the mixture under the chicken skin. Pour over the rest of the marinade and put it in the fridge for +/- 2 hours. It’s even better if you let it marinate over night.
- Peal the potatoes and cut them into small cubes. Boil them in some salted water.
- Cut the cucumber and the tomatoes into small cubes and put them in a bowl. Finely chopp the red onion. Put in the yoghurt. Then add the spices and honey to your own tast. Here are the portions I use: 1/2 tsp of paprika powder, 1 tsp of cumin, 1 tsp of mustard seeds, a pinch of chilli powder, 1/2 of salt and 1 tsp of honey. To get an even better taste, you can heat the cumin and mustard seeds in a pan. Once the mustard seeds start jumping, you can take the spices of the heat and put them in the yoghurt mixture. Finish off with some freshly chopped coriander.
- Prepare the chicken legs. They taste the best on the barbecue. If the weather is not that good you can either slowly grill them or fried them in pan.