For the cake
– 250 gr dark chocolat
– 200 gr sugar
– 100 gr butter
– 3 eggs
– 160 gr flour
– 3 tsp baking powder
For the filling
– Whipped cream
– Vanilla sugar
– Cherries (out of a bowl)
– Kirschwasser (licor of cherries)
For the topping
– 200 gr dark and milk chocolat mixed
1. Melt the chocolat au bain-marie with the butter. After the mixture is smooth, let it cool down.
2. Preheat the oven at 175°C.
3. Break the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks.
4. Mix the eggs yolks together with the sugar until it gets a lighter color (use a mixer).
5. Add the sifted flour and the baking powder bit by bit. Then mix in the chocolat.
6. Whip the egg whites and add them softly to the mixture.
7. Grease the baking shape and cover with a thin layer of flour.
8. Pour the mixture into a baking shape and bake during 40 minutes.
9. When ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool down in the baking shape.
10. Whip the whipped cream with some vanilla sugar.
11. Cut the cake in half. Sprinkle some Kirschwasser over the bottom layer of the cake. Then spread out the whipped cream and put some cherries on it. Cover it with the top layer.
12. Melt 200 gr of dark and milk chocolat au bain-marie (you can choose the proportions). Pour the mixture over the cake.
13. Let it cool in the fridge. Be careful: the chocolat will still drip of the cake for a while.